|Camp Helen State Park|
IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
|Location||Bay County, Florida, United States|
|Nearest city||Panama City Beach, Florida|
|Governing body||Florida Department of Environmental Protection|
Camp Helen Historic District
|NRHP reference No.||12000298|
|Added to NRHP||24 May 2012|
Camp Helen State Park is a Florida State Park and historic site located west of Panama City Beach, in northwestern Florida. The park is south of U.S. 98, and bounded by the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Powell (one of the largest coastal dune lakes in the state). The park was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 24, 2012.
The park has such amenities as beaches, birding, beachcombing, boating, canoeing, fishing, hiking, kayaking, picnicking areas, swimming and wildlife viewing. It also has a visitor center and an interpretive exhibit.
- "National Register Information System – Camp Helen Historic District (#12000298)". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. November 2, 2013.
- "Weekly List Of Actions Taken On Properties: 5/21/12 through 5/25/12" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
Media related to Camp Helen State Park at Wikimedia Commons
- "Camp Helen State Park" at "Florida State Parks"
- "Friends of Camp Helen State Park"
- "Coastal Dune Lakes Documentary".